This just about sums up the passions in my life right now, add to the list Music and Cocktails and I'm approaching the gates of heaven themselves.
Cycling - I cannot get enough. I try to find new reasons to go out on my bike. Even the shortest of journeys is painful on foot, walking is just so slow. Unfortunately (for friends) I will try and insert something cycling related into every conversation, the excitement is too much to keep in, like when you start a new love affair. My friends call it 'mentionitis'. It might wear off one day, but I hope not.
Birding - I've been teased about being a spotter since I was in the Young Ornithologists Club as a kid, my dear Dad used to take me out with the binoculars and encourage me even though he knew chuff all about...well Choughs. Fast forward 30 years and I have my own petite binoculars (which don't weigh as much as a small deer) and a membership to the amazing Wetland Centre in Barnes. This place has become my favourite of places to escape to and my heart absolutely sings with joy when I am there.
And you know what is even more amazing.....I can cycle there.
Today's Happiness: A lazy morning with tea in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment