Thursday, 8 May 2008

News Flash - French women don't suffer pms (AS IF!)

I was chatting with some friends at work about PMS the other week.  One of my friends is French and she swears she never heard of this in France.

I can not believe there is no pms in France so my only conclusion is that they either don’t have a term for it or they never talk about it.

We assured her that she **does** suffer from this and we would make a note of her moods and let her know when we think she was suffering so she could confirm our suspicions (after the event of course to ensure a rational response) - note this is how girls lose friends in a day.

Anyway I did some googling and came across a few songs written about said subject, I though I would share some snippets with you:

Parton Dolly, PMS Blues
You don't want to cross my path
Cause a pitbull ain't no match
For these teeth a clenchin', fluid retention
Head a swellin', can't stop yellin'
Got no patience, I'm so hateful
PMS blues, premenstrual syndrome
Got those moods a swingin', tears a slingin'
Nothin' fits me when it hits me
Rantin', ravin', misbehavin'
PMS blues

Mary J. Blige, PMS
Today I'm not feelin pretty
See I'm feeling quite ugly
Havin one of this days
When I cant make up my mind
So don't even look at me

Lunachicks, @#%! (PMS)
I don't like it : PMS
But I got it : PMS
Every month it's: PMS
Gimme a heat pack : PMS
Got any Advil?
Got any chocolate?
I need good @#%!

6 comments:

shelf appeal said...

OK. Let's start listing the euphemism's for having your period too. I'd like to start it off with:
Having the Decorator's In..On the Rag..

Jo said...

Yeah i did think about doing a whole post on this.

How about - Surfing the Crimson Tide

Jo said...

Here's a list from: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070605135725AAEdvsu&show=7

Top 16 euphemisms for "getting your period"

1) Miss Scarlett's Come Home to Tara
2) Trolling for Vampires
3) A Dishonourable Discharge from the Uterine Navy.
4) Saddling O Rusty.
5) Feelin' Menstru-ific.
6) Massacre at the Y.
7) T- Minus 9 Months and Holding.
8) Game Day for the Crimson Tide.
9) Aunt Irma Coming to Stay.
10) Panty Shields UP, Captain!
11) Taking Carrie to the Prom.
12) Playing Banjo in Sgt. Zygote's Ragtime Band.
13) Ordering L'Omelette Rouge.
14) Arts and Crafts Week at Panty Camp.
15) Clean Up at Aisle One.
16) Rebooting the Ovarian Operating System

Anonymous said...

And the famous Clueless one...

"Riding the Crimson Wave"

Or,

Moontide Time

shelf appeal said...

Does 'miserable and want to go home' count as euphemism?

Jo said...

No, that's just you all the time.